Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Almost There

As you can see from my baby countdown, my due date is here and I’ve still not been delivered from my kangaroo state. Any mother who has even come anywhere close to her due date will understand how I’m feeling about now. I’m very, very weary. I’m pretty much used to feeling like an overweight beached whale and the crazy, unpredictable emotions are fairly routine by now, too. It’s the pain that I just can’t seem to adjust to. It’s when I can’t roll over in bed without gasping in pain, when doing the dishes is unbearable and when simply walking to the bathroom feels like an overwhelming task that I just want it all to be over. I’m afraid that when the time finally comes for labor to start that I just won’t have enough energy and stamina to go through it.

So please pray for me. Pray that I would have the strength and endurance I need to face every day. Pray for the safety of this precious little child that I am carrying. Pray that I would be patient and trust my good God’s timing in this. And pray that I wouldn’t worry about labor and delivery.

For some reason, God had decided that I shouldn’t have an easy pregnancy and if that’s what He wants then there must be a good reason for it. So I will say “Your will be done.” But in order to do that I need you all to be praying for me.

I’m asking this in full confidence that you, my friends, will respond to my request and approach our loving Father on my behalf. Thank you. I’m very grateful for you all.

1 comment:

Jeremy Beach said...

Adiel,

I'm sorry that you're not feeling so hot right now. I'll be praying for the baby to come soon and for a safe delivery as well. I can't wait to start seeing all the cute baby pics and precious blog posts about what a blessing this little one will be to your family.