Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Time To Grill!

This recipe looks so good, I just have to share it: Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Berry Sauce

There are several grilled desserts that I want to try. I think that's my goal for this summer. Getting better at making delectably sweet foods without dying in an overheated kitchen sounds like an honorable goal to me.

Here's another one that looks good:
Barbequed Pineapple (I don't see how you could go wrong when you combine pinapple, rum and fire.)

Has anyone else experimented with grilling sweet stuff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just me, but I'd as soon put a strip steak in an 8" round pan for 40 minutes at 350 and test for doneness by seeing if a toothpick comes out clean, as grill a cake.

But that doesn't mean that your recipes might not be yummy. ;-)

The way to enjoy sweets in summertime, in my book, is to eat fresh fruit or other things that take little cooking and can be served cold. To me, it fits the season better -- it "tastes" more like summer. But again, to each her own!