Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Speaking In Song

There have been a few songs that God has lately been using to teach me some things about Himself. Two of these songs are "Wholly Yours" and "I Need You to Love Me."

"But the harder I try the more clearly can I
Feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all
And so this might could be the most impossible thing
Your grandness in me, making me clean"

--Wholly Yours by David Crowder Band (You can listen to the song here.)

"I have wasted so much time
Pushing You away from me
I just never saw how You could cherish me
'Cause You're a God who has all things
And still You want me

But I need You to love me, and I-
I won't keep my heart from You this time
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me"

---I Need You to Love Me by Barlow Girl (You can listen to the song here.)

Neither of these songs are new or particularly profound, but whenever I hear them in the car or on a Pandora station, it feels like a hug from my heavenly Daddy. It's like He's saying, "It's okay. I feel the weight of your sin even more than you do, but when I look at you I don't see any of your yuckiness. All I see is my little girl whom I love very much. And I'm not done with you yet."

And those words are what get me through the day.

No comments: