Thursday, April 15, 2010

Plodding Along

It’s been tough lately getting up in the morning and starting each day. It feels like I do the same thing day after day after day after day… I’m not depressed or even horribly discouraged, I’m just tired. It’s been a busy week and I feel like I’m running like mad always a mile behind where I should be. The laundry is piling up even though I just folded several baskets worth of the stuff yesterday. I cleaned the house and now it’s dirty again.

I really didn’t want to write a whiny blog post, but I did feel like just saying how I’m feeling. I’m not going to wallow about in self pity. Instead, I’m getting revved up to get right back into it. My orders are to fight and that’s just what I’m going to do today. And thanks to my dad’s very encouraging tweets this morning, I’m feeling like I can keep going now. God is moving in this family and He’s using my weak, tired hands to do His work.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 2 Cor. 4:7

2 comments:

Whitney Creath said...

Adiel,

I really wish I felt like I had more encouragement to give. I feel the same way. I did have a thought though, maybe that mile behind that we feel isn't all that bad. Perhaps we are a mile behind in the physical things because we truly seek to be a mile or two ahead in spiritual things, all the while seeking to bring our children with us. :) I will be lifting you up to the Father as we fight today. :)Blessings dear Friend.

Adiel said...

Thanks, Whitney. I know you get what I'm talking about. I pray for you, too, as you struggle along faithfully.