Monday, January 15, 2007

A Great Song

This is one of my favorite Keith Green songs. Something I enjoy greatly about Keith Green's music is the raw honesty he showed in his lyrics and in the way he sang them. This is a great song and I cry every time I hear it.

When I Hear the Praises Start

My son, My son, why are you striving,
You can't add one thing to what's been done for you,
I did it all while I was dying,
Rest in your faith, my peace will come to you.


For when I hear the praises start, I want to rain upon you,
Blessings that will fill your heart, I see no stain upon you,
Because you are My child and know me, to Me you're only holy,
Nothing that you've done remains, only what you do for Me.


My child, My child, why are you weeping,
You will not have to wait forever,
That day and that hour is in My keeping,
The day I'll bring you into Heaven.


For when I hear the praises start, my child, I want to rain upon you,
Blessing that will fill your heart, I see no stain upon you,
Because you are My child and you know me, to me you're only holy,
Nothing that you've done remains, only what you do in Me.


My precious bride, the day is nearing,
When I'll take you in My arms and hold you,
I know there are so many things that you've been hearing,
But you just hold on to what I have told you.


For when I hear the praises start, my bride, I want to rain upon you,
Blessings that will fill your heart, I see no stain upon you,
Because you are My child, and you know Me, to me you're only holy,
Nothing that you've done will remain, only what you do for me.

No comments: