Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad G!

Yesterday was my father-in-law's birthday. Life was a little crazy yesterday so this is a belated birthday post.

One thing that I really appreciate about my father-in-law (a.k.a Dad#2, daddy G. Grandpa Cracker, etc.) is they way he is with his grandkids. He's so gentle with them whether he's holding little Alyssa or horsing around with Malachi or having pretend tea with Lily. And it's plain to see that he's having just as much fun (maybe even more) as they are. And the kids adore him. They are always wondering when they'll get to see their Grampa Gardner next and if they'll get to sleep over at his house (that's the ultimate treat.)

There is quite a lack of good grandpas in this world and I'm so very grateful that my kids get to have a really special one.

Thanks, Daddy G. for being the big part of our lives that you are and for giving my kids your love. Thanks for being Grampa Gardner. You make our family richer just by being you.

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I heard that my dad was on his way to meet the Lord, I know that with all his remaining strength, he stayed not so much to see us kids, for he spent his life with us, but to gaze into the eyes of his grandchildren, I remember seeing him look at each childs face as the jewels of his life. I am a child of the King of kings, and Lord of lords, I one day will wear a crown,and I feel, on my crown will be jewels,one for each of my grandchildren. And I will one day cast my crown to the feet of my Lord in adoration, and thanksgiving, for how He blessed one man, not worthy of all He has given, but accepting by His most wonderful Grace and Love. I now feel what my dad felt,as I look into the eyes of my jewels.