Saturday, June 24, 2006

Good News

This last Thursday Joshua and I got to hear the sound that we had most wanted to hear- our baby's heartbeat. This little child right now looks pretty much like a blob, but it is a beautiful blob.
So far things are looking pretty good, but the doctor did notice a small blood clot or bruise thingy so we’ll need to get a follow up sonogram in a few weeks. The nurse I talked to didn’t seem worried about it at all and rather sounded like she thought I was being paranoid for wanting more information about it. I’m trying not to worry about it, but we would still appreciate prayer for this little one’s safety.
I’ve been learning a whole lot about my God during this time of uncertainty about this baby. There are a lot of times when He says no to our requests, but I think that just maybe this is one of those times that He is Saying Yes. I hope it is.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Take no thought for the blood clot fuzzy spot on the ultrasound screen, whether it shrink or grow. Your Heavenly Father knows all things you have need of! (Matthew 6)Today is the day of rejoicing in the beautiful quickstep 'whoosh, whoosh' of your little baby's heart. Hurrah! We praise God with you, and pray that your heart will be in perfect peace througout this pregnancy.

Jeremy Beach said...

Adiel,

I just read this post today, so please accept my late congratulations! I am so happy for you that all seems to be well with the baby thus far! I will continue to pray for you and your child, in addition to the rest of your family.