Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Last Tear



This picture is a project that I have wanted to do for some time now. Andrew Peterson’s song, “After the Last Tear Falls” is one of those songs that clings to your heart and refuses to let go. The line in the chorus: "...and we’ll look back on these tears as old tales" is what inspired this photograph. I have this picture, framed and matted, hanging in my living room with that line written on the white matting beneath the photo.

I was thinking about this picture less than a week ago while I was sitting on my couch next to my dad crying because I thought that I was going to lose another baby. Can it really be possible that I will look back on these tears- the tears of a mother mourning for her baby- as old tales? Yes. Even these tears.


“You number my wanderings;
Put my tears in Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?”
Psalm 56:8

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I love that verse. And the picture as well.

It is heartening to know that this life isn't all that there is, because if this were it, that would kinda suck.

The knowledge that at the end of the tears, glory awaits is sometimes all that can keep you going at times.

Jonathan said...

Just to send the message back at you....

You need to write something else soon, I don't want to keep seeing you crying evertime I check your blog. :)


By the way, it is updated.