Monday, November 20, 2006

My Daily Thanks #11

I am thankful that I am pregnant. This pregnancy has not been easy for me- physically and emotionally- but I don’t want to fall into the trap of complaining about all the struggles when the reason for my struggles is something so good and beautiful. I love feeling Baby Buddy kicking and squirming inside of me. He must be so cozy, warm and contented in there. I like dreaming about the day that I’ll finally get to meet this little person. A couple of days ago, I was in the attic and I stumbled across a box of baby clothes and found a fuzzy, pink sleeper that Lily used to wear. I cuddled it, remembering how snuggly a newborn is. I’m looking forward to having a little snuggly baby soon.

I’m writing this post at a little before five in the morning because I woke up over an hour ago and couldn’t get back to sleep. Malachi just started crying because he woke up and couldn’t find Chewy. After finding the missing Chewy, I tucked him back in, gave him a kiss and he fell right back to sleep. That was just another reminder to me of how much I love being a mommy. I’m so very thankful that I get to be mommy to yet another baby.

Thank you, God, for this beautiful gift of pregnancy- backaches and all.

No comments: