Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Daily Thanks


I love Thanksgiving. For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved everything about it: great food in great quantities, family gathered all cozily inside talking, laughing, just being together and sharing our gratitude to God for all His good gifts. And all of this is surrounded by the glamorous colors of the falling leaves outside and the bright hues of pumpkins, gourds and mums. What’s not to like about it?


So, in honor of this favored time I will be writing a daily post each day leading up to Thanksgiving Day stating the various things for which I am grateful. Here’s one:


My home. I love my home despite the various old-house glitches that we come upon. I love my orange living room, my deep blue dining room and my red kitchen. I love the memories that are being created every day in my home. I love seeing my kids dance in the kitchen the way I used to when I was young. I love greeting my husband every day at the door that I painted yellow and cooking dinner in the kitchen that we fixed up together.

After living in an apartment for a few years I know how blessed we are to be able to own a home of our own.

Thank you, God, for my home.

No comments: